How are the funds raised by our events being spent? See a breakdown here!
Were you a lucky winner in the raffle? Check here to see if your number came up! Prizes are available to pick up from Room 98 (go through morning reception and it's the first door on the right). Prize winners will be contacted directly later in the week.
We had the most glorious summer day for our 2019 fete. It was already over 25 degrees when the fete opened at 11 am on Saturday 29th June and it only got hotter as the day went on.
This was a fantastic day out for the whole family, with food, drink and special activities for the children. The programme included the following:
- Circus Skills Workshops: ran throughout the day, 45 minute workshops for all primary age children.
- Birds of Prey talks: a chance to meet them up close - 20 minute talks for the whole family, followed by a flying display.
- Food and drink: including a BBQ, salad bar, picnic bags for kids, cakes, ice cream van, popcorn and candy floss - soft drinks were available throughout the fete, beer and wine were available with lunch.
- Music: a range of bands were playing throughout the day, plus we heard from the choir.
- Inflatables: bouncy castle and 30-foot obstacles course, ideal for burning off excess energy!
- Fairground games: the traditional games including coconut shy and splat the rat.
- Fire engine: a visit from the local fire department - a chance to look round the fire engine and find out about what they do.
- Coding workshop: a fantastic workshop in the drama studio.
- Stalls: a range of professional, craft, secondhand, plant and information stalls to browse.
- Raffle: we finished the day by drawing our fabulous raffle, with amazing hampers contributed by the classes and loads of prizes from local business - thank you to everyone who donated - see the list below!
A huge thank you to all of the volunteers, bakers, cooks and donation-makers who made the fete a huge success! Check back soon for details of how we made for the school.
The Summer Fete is an annual event, falling on a Saturday at the end of June/beginning of July.